I don't know what it's been like for you, but at our house, 2009 has been quite a year.
- In January, my husband's heart was in atrial fibrillation.
- In February, my husband had major open-heart surgery.
- In March, we helped to start a new church.
- In April, my youngest son had an emergency appendectomy.
- In May, I started blogging again. Thank God!
- In June, my oldest son graduated from high school.
- In July, my husband started a new business.
- In August, my oldest son went off to college.
- In September, my middle son got his driver's license.
- In October, my middle son went on his first college search trip and ordered his class ring.
- In November, my husband had the swine flu and we hosted friends for Thanksgiving--though thankfully not in the same week.
- In December, my youngest son went to his very first school dance.
Here's my favorite photo from the events listed above. This is how my youngest son looks after he's been given morphine:
At that point, he was feeling no pain.
These are just some of the highlights, of course. Kind of like what I'm going to have to add to my hair if it keeps turning gray at the rate it did in 2009.
How's your year been?
Honestly, of all the things listed above, my starting blogging has been one of the very best parts of this year for me. I'm so glad to have met you, my blogging friends. I love visiting your blogs and I especially love getting comments from you. Hearing from you really IS a highlight for me!
Blessings to all of you for a wonderful new year!